Subtitle: A Relationship Building Program for You and Your Dog
Author: Susan Garrett
Length: 96 pages
Release Date: 2002
- Is it difficult to motivate your dog to do what you want him to do, when you want him to do it?
- Is your dog "too energetic" or "too distracted" to give you his best work?
- Is your dog happy to run after squirrels in the back yard, but not willing to run on the agility course?
- Is your dog´s recall effective only if there isn´t something more interesting nearby?
- Is your dog willing to work only if he sees the bait bag or his favorite toy?
- Is your dog "into" toys, but won´t play tug with you?
- Is your dog prone to the "zoomies" during an agility run?
If you answered "yes" to any of the questions above, your relationship with your dog needs strengthening. In Ruff Love, Susan Garrett shares her incredibly successful relationship-building program. Based on her years of experience working with dogs, the Ruff Love program is designed not only to help people dealing with "problem" dogs, but to help agility, flyball, obedience, and other dog sport handlers build a better working relationship with their current competition dog or their next performance prospect.
Even if your dog doesn´t need the Ruff Love program, you´ll find a use for Susan´s famous training games—Gimme Dat Collar, 1-2-3 Game, Sit-Tug-Sit Game, and Hide & Seek—which are well documented in the book along with her highly effective recall training method.
About the Author
Susan Garrett´s interest in animal behavior started at the University of Guelph where she earned a BSc in Animal Science. Since then she has developed into a pre-eminent canine sports instructor and competitor. Each dog Susan has competed with in agility has made at least one appearance in the finals of a national event. In total, her dogs have over 50 top ten placements at national agility championships including 13 first-place finishes. Susan and her dog, DeCaff, won the Gold Medal in both the Individual All Round Championship and the Biatholon Event at the 2006 IFCS World Championships.